Report a Public Safety Hazard
24-hour emergency call out service:
The Coal Authority operates a 24-hour call out service for public safety related surface hazards, including:
- Collapses of shallow mine workings and mine entries.
- Fissures arising from deeper mine workings.
- Gas and water emissions from mine workings.
- Spontaneous combustion of coal.
- Unsealed abandoned mine entries permitting access into old mines.
Our emergency call out service deals with these incidents on a 24-hour basis, every day of the year. Upon receiving a report of a coal mining hazard, we will arrange for the situation to be made safe, without consideration of responsibility.